The annual precept is set by the parish council in the new year and currently stands at £5,500 for the financial year 2017-18.
Details of Public Land and Assets
The Playing Field
The children’s playing field is situated on Grange Lane DN6 9JR and is approx. 1 acre in size. The area is owned by Fields in Trust with Burghwallis Parish Council as Trustees. The playing field was gifted to the Parish in 1941 by Robert Anne of the Anne family. The land is used today for sports and recreation activities and also social events within the village.
The Poor’s field lies South East of Burghwallis village adjacent to Burghwallis Road DN6 9QA. The field covers approx. 2.7 acres of arable land which was once part of Sutton Fields. The land was gifted to the Parish Council for the benefit of the poor people of the village. Today the land is rented for animal husbandry grazing for sheep and horses and the rent being used to provide activities for the parishioners of the Burghwallis
<strong>Audited Accounts to 31st March 19</strong>
Expenditure January 2016: Plaque and lectern for the Plague Well – £195.00
Expenditure December 2015: Village Christmas Tree £195.00 + Repairs to the wet pour surfaces in the Playing Field £1,400.00