MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 12th December 2023
In Attendance: Chairman D Maxwell
Councillor B Grimes
Councillor S Slack Councillor J Wilson
Councillor C Mcllroy
Clerk J Halsall
Chairman’s opening remarks and Declarations of interest.
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the meeting held on 10th October & 14th November 2023
RESOLVED that the minutes be signed.
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch – Successful Lunch & raffle enjoyed by all. 27 in attendance. Monies raised from the raffle was put towards the cost of the lunches after small expenses.
- Christmas Tree – In place and looking good. Vicar attended with carols sung at the light switch on. Some baubles have been smashed due to the weather. It was suggested that next year to have lights only. A new tub for the tree was discussed for next year. Removal of the tree would take place on Saturday 6th January.
- Councillor Dave Maxwell has had no response from the company as yet for the war memorial gate repairs.
- Financial Matters
400437 £200 Playing field transfer.
400438 £9.54 TSO Host website fee
400439 £587.60 J Halsall Clerk salary Oct, Nov & Dec
400440 £127.40 HMR&C Clerk salary Oct, Nov & Dec
400441 £360 Parav Group Annual Website fee
400442 £33.40 YLCA Training
400443 £432.65 Burghwallis Pub Christmas Lunch balance
400444 £25 Wreath
Budget was circulated and agreed at 5% for the following year. An increase of £330 PA.
Internal Auditor was approved as Mr Bosman as per last year.
Planning of 192 new houses at Crabgate Lane was discussed. This would have a knock-on effect of traffic coming thru the village. The area proposed is also prone to flooding. Objections would be made to CDC individually and by the Parish Council.
Notice board needs replacing due to letting rain in. Agreed to get some costs together for the next meeting Action JH
Proper notices are needed for the compost bins. Agreed to get prices for the next meeting Action BG
Next Community Engagement Meeting to be held in Sprotbrough on the 22nd January 24 commencing at 6 till 7.30pm.
Fly tipping is becoming a problem again in the village. This was reported.
All up to date.
Continue to look into .gov website and emails as per advice from YLCA
- Next Meeting
The next meeting to be held at The Burghwallis Public House commencing at 7pm.
Tuesday 23rd January 2024
Tuesday 5th March 2024
Tuesday 16th April 2024
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.20pm.