Home / Parish Council Minutes – Tuesday 12th December 2023


In Attendance:                                   Chairman                    D Maxwell

                                               Councillor                    B Grimes

                                               Councillor                    S Slack                                                                                  Councillor                    J Wilson

                                               Councillor                    C Mcllroy

                                               Clerk                           J Halsall

Chairman’s opening remarks and Declarations of interest.

  1. Apologies for absence


  • Minutes of the meeting held on 10th October & 14th November 2023

RESOLVED that the minutes be signed. 

  • Matters arising from the minutes.
  • Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch – Successful Lunch & raffle enjoyed by all.  27 in attendance.  Monies raised from the raffle was put towards the cost of the lunches after small expenses.
  • Christmas Tree – In place and looking good.  Vicar attended with carols sung at the light switch on.  Some baubles have been smashed due to the weather.  It was suggested that next year to have lights only.  A new tub for the tree was discussed for next year.  Removal of the tree would take place on Saturday 6th January.
  • Councillor Dave Maxwell has had no response from the company as yet for the war memorial gate repairs.
  • Financial Matters

400437 £200 Playing field transfer.

400438 £9.54 TSO Host website fee

400439 £587.60 J Halsall Clerk salary Oct, Nov & Dec

400440 £127.40 HMR&C Clerk salary Oct, Nov & Dec

400441 £360 Parav Group Annual Website fee

400442 £33.40 YLCA Training

400443 £432.65 Burghwallis Pub Christmas Lunch balance

400444 £25 Wreath

Budget was circulated and agreed at 5% for the following year.  An increase of £330 PA.

Internal Auditor was approved as Mr Bosman as per last year.

  • Planning


  • Correspondence

Planning of 192 new houses at Crabgate Lane was discussed.  This would have a knock-on effect of traffic coming thru the village.  The area proposed is also prone to flooding.  Objections would be made to CDC individually and by the Parish Council.

Notice board needs replacing due to letting rain in.  Agreed to get some costs together for the next meeting                                                                       Action JH

Proper notices are needed for the compost bins.  Agreed to get prices for the next meeting                                                                                              Action BG

Next Community Engagement Meeting to be held in Sprotbrough on the 22nd January 24 commencing at 6 till 7.30pm. 

Fly tipping is becoming a problem again in the village.  This was reported.

  • Website

All up to date.

Continue to look into .gov website and emails as per advice from YLCA

  • Next Meeting

The next meeting to be held at The Burghwallis Public House commencing at 7pm.

Tuesday 23rd January 2024

Tuesday 5th March 2024

Tuesday 16th April 2024

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.20pm.