MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 24TH AUGUST 2021
In Attendance: Chairman D Maxwell
Councillor J Laming
Councillor R Lomas
Councillor B Grimes
Clerk J Halsall
Chairman’s opening remarks and Declarations of interest
- Apologies for absence
Councillor D Hudson
- Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th July 2021
RESOLVED that the minutes be signed.
- Matters arising from the minutes
- Playing field Park Repairs – Agreed to repairs quoted, also to request a new bin for the park if available. Action JH
- Grange Lane Sign – awaiting renewal Action BG
- Speed Sign – Funding for a speed sign was discussed. Agreed to contact the residents it might affect on Grange Lane.
- Grit Bins – on Scorcher Hills Lane has been stolen also request one at Burghwallis Lane, both areas are slippery when Icy. No reply Action JH
- Benches –Benches have been stained. Awaiting new plaques Action: JL
- Litter Pick – Councillor Grimes reported on a litter pick recently completed
- PSCO Invited to meetings. Councillor Grimes to inform them of the next meeting dates Action BG
- Christmas lights & Decorations have all been sorted ready for this year.
- Financial Matters
400346 £7.92 Stamps
400347 £97.59 TSHOTS & bench stain
RESOLVED that the accounts payable be approved and the cheques and bank statement signed.
- Playing field/Pinfold
Risk Assessments on Pinfold – Agreed to carry on with weekly inspections
Councillor Maxwell reported he had been asked if the Pinfold was for sale?
RESOLVED to reply this land is not for sale Action DM
- Poor’s Field
Plants in the trough are looking good. Councillor Laming will strim the area as soon as possible. Action JL
This year’s Christmas lunch will be discussed at the next meeting
21/01934/FUL – No objections raised.
Emails all circulated & dealt with accordingly.
An email received discussing the Parish Councils environment policy was discussed.
Agreed for Councillor Maxwell to respond Action DM
All updated. Invoice for the website has been paid.
New Matters/Any Other Business
Councillor Lomas asked if there were any updates on the proposed bungalow on land near Abbes Walk???
Councillor Grimes requested a new road sign at the end of Scorcher Hills Lane entering the A1. A number of cars have broken down at the junction of the A1 and there are no signs telling drivers where they are.
Councillor Laming asked about some plants/bulbs to be planted on a banking near the new houses on Abbes walk.
The next meeting to be held at The Burghwallis Public House commencing at 7pm.
Tuesday 28th September 2021
Tuesday 9th November 2021
Tuesday 14th December 2021
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.10pm.