MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 30TH MAY 2023
In Attendance: Chairman D Maxwell
Councillor D Hudson
Councillor B Grimes
Councillor J Laming
Councillor J Job
Clerk J Halsall
DMBC Ward Councillor A White
Chairman’s opening remarks and Declarations of interest.
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 7th March 2023
RESOLVED that the minutes be signed.
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Abbes Walk – road surface repairs have been completed. Councillor Maxwell sent a complaint to DMBC as the repairs are worse than before. No satisfactory reply has yet been received.
- Bus Service – After a recent survey for views on the bus service 1 reply received was very happy with the service. The Current Bus service is up for review this year; it was requested that the Parish Council be included in any consultation. The current schedule of every half hour till 11pm including Saturdays & Sundays was a little excessive.
- Tree Planting – all completed.
- Fly Tipping – Cameras have been hidden around the village with 2 notices & Fines being issued.
- Great British Spring Clean – Was a good turn out with 2 mentions in the DMBC newsletter.
- Kings Coronation – The flag purchased would be flown from Friday 5th – Monday 8th May.
St Georges flag will be flown this Sunday 23rd April.
- War Memorial Wall Damage – 1 quote has been received. Insurance company are requesting 2. This is ongoing. An urgency to get the repairs completed as the Wall is adjacent to the main road.
- Financial Matters
400419 £75.56 Flag Makers
400420 £135 YLCA annual membership fee
400421 £100 Annual Payroll charges
400422 £590.77 Annual Insurance charge
400423 £300 Playingfield A/c for maintenance
RESOLVED that the accounts payable be approved and the cheques and bank statement signed.
VAT refund for 2022-23 has been submitted.
All Paperwork 2022-23 is currently with the Internal Auditor
23/00196/FUL Mr Aaron Walker, Hill Crest – Extension – No objections raised.
All circulated and dealt with accordingly.
A complaint was received with regards to Anti-Social Behaviour. A small wood to the back of the bridlepath has recently been used to build a hide out by 2 youths. They were also in and out of residents’ gardens. Not sure who owns this wooded area. Councillor Grimes reported she had contacted Public Rights of Way, the Farmer of the field and DMBC Ward councillor Mr White. As yet no response has been received.
Scorcher Hills Lane had numerous potholes; some have been marked for repairs. The edges of the road are also in need of repairs.
Joint Charter was discussed after a recent PCJCC meeting.
RESOLVED This was currently being investigated. Action: DM
Ongoing with updates and documents.
A more competitive quote has been received from another Website provider.
This was currently under review with the current provider.
- Next Meeting
The next meeting to be held at The Burghwallis Public House commencing at 7pm.
Tuesday 30th May 2023 – AGM There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.20pm.