MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 23rd JANUARY 2024
In Attendance: Chairman D Maxwell
Councillor B Grimes
Councillor S Slack Councillor J Wilson
Councillor C Mcllroy
Clerk J Halsall
Chairman’s opening remarks and Declarations of interest.
Councillor Slack declared an interest in a planning application.
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the meeting held on 12th December 2023
RESOLVED that the minutes be signed.
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Councillor Dave Maxwell reported he had heard from the company regarding the war memorial gate repairs, and they are coming out to check.
- Notice board needs replacing due to letting rain in. The Board needs measuring to see what will fit onto the current posts. Action DM
- Fly Tipping is still an ongoing problem in the village. A Litter pick has been scheduled for Saturday 27th Jan. Great British Spring Clean is scheduled for 23rd March.
- Financial Matters
Bank Statement & accounts reconciliation circulated.
No cheques for approval.
RESOLVED that the accounts be approved, and bank statement signed.
23/02495/FUL Mr Shaun Slack – 2 Linden Place, change of use, no objections raised.
Planning of 192 & 165 new houses at Crabgate Lane on 2 different sites was discussed. This would have a knock-on effect of traffic coming thru the village. Objections have been made to CDC individually and by the Parish Council.
Community Engagement Meeting held in Sprotbrough on the 22nd January 24 was discussed. Council contact details were circulated. Fines issued on fly tipping were reported. Next meeting to be held at Woodlands end of March. Date will be circulated.
New lights were needed for the Christmas Tree this year. The current solar powered ones are not adequate.
Vans parking on Grange Lane half on the pavement and near the junction are causing obstructions.
Burghwallis Lane conditions area reported as dangerous, potholes and verges have all been reported.
All up to date.
- Next Meeting
The next meeting to be held at The Burghwallis Public House commencing at 7pm.
Tuesday 5th March 2024
Tuesday 16th April 2024
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.10pm.