The sign above the gate entrance to the Playing Field on Grange Lane was looking a bit worse for wear with bits falling off and the fabric cracking up.
So we decided to replace it with a new one, locally sourced, and installed by us.
Many thanks to Brenda and Rob for the acquisition and installation. Let’s hope that the new sign lasts a good long time.
The playing field was donated to the National Playing Fields Association in 1941 by the Anne family in memory of their son, Robert Anne who died in World War II .
The playing field is owned by the National Playing Fields Association and managed locally by the Burghwallis Parish Council.